Yesterday, Interior Secretary Eduardo Ano announced that the National Capital Region or NCR is under Alert Level 4 from September 14 to 30, 2021. Yes! Not ECQ, MECQ or GCQ. Those acronyms are in the past! The InterAgency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) released the new guidelines on Monday night.
Not Allowed in NCR Under Alert Level 4
- Non essential travels disallowed to anyone below 18 years old and above 65 years old, those with immunodeficiencies, comorbidities, or other health risks, and pregnant women. Essential travels include obtaining goods and services and working in permitted industries and offices.
- Indoor tourist attractions, entertainment, recreational and staycation venues remain closed.
- Alfresco dine-in services at 30% operating capacity and 10% indoor dine-in only for fully vaccinated patrons allowed
- Personal care establishments at 30% capacity for outdoors services and 10% capacity, exclusively for fully vaccinated persons.
- 30% capacity for outdoor religious services and 10% capacity, only for fully vaccinated individuals.
- Government offices will be fully operational at 20% on-site capacity and work-from-home set up.
Metro Manila is piloting this new quarantine classifications (Five Alert Levels). The new scheme authorizes the local government unit what to declare what they deem is required.
Personally, I think that this new quarantine classification will be tailor-fit. The on-and-off blanket lock downs did not prove sustainable. Boracay reopened on September 8 to tourists coming from places with General Community Quarantine status. I am hopeful for brighter days ahead for the island. If you have plans of visiting the island and are on a tight budget, here are the places I recommend. For travel requirements, visit touristboracay.com.
Your Boracay trip will not be complete without water activities, island hopping and land tours. Sharing with you some of my vlogs to update you on what the island can offer. Follow me on Facebook to stay updated.