Last month, I visited Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to attend a meeting with a prospective client. Aside from blogging, I do marketing and business development consultancy work for a number of multinational companies.
After confirming the meeting dates with the client, I immediately contacted my fellow travel blogger Erica Poyauan to help me find a decent and affordable accommodation that should be near the meeting venue, i.e., the Pullman KL Bangsar Hotel. Fortunately, Erica was able to book a deluxe room for me at the same hotel at very friendly rates. I only paid USD 71 per night. That was a total bargain for a five-star hotel accommodation.
It was my second visit to the Pullman KL Bangsar Hotel. The last time was two years ago to attend a major conference conducted by the company I used to work for and I had a good experience then so I was pretty excited to go back. On both occasions, too, I saw groups and groups of tourists billeted in the hotel.
Pullman KL Bangsar Hotel is not just a business hotel. It offers amenities that are conducive to tourists alike. The hotel is strategically located in the center of the commercial and entertainment hub of Bangsar. It is only 5 minutes away from Mid Valley Mega Mall, a shopping destination. It is easily accessible to all major parts of the city via the Kerinchi Light Rapid Transit train and KL Sentral Station- KLIA Express Train.
Pullman KL Bangsar Hotel has 513 rooms and suites. It offers the following amenities:
- Internet access in the room (WiFi and wired)
- Complimentary mineral water in the room
- Iron and ironing board available in the room
- Safety deposit box
- iPod docks
- TV with cable channels
- Free accommodation and breakfast for up to 1 child under 12 years old sharing the parents room (by using existing bedding, or if room is large enough, a crib or a roll away bed)
- 24-hour room service
- Free Wifi in public areas
- Free shuttle to KL Sentral
- Access to the fitness center
- Access to the outdoor pool
- Free self parking
- Designated smoking areas
- Executive lounge access extended to children
The room I stayed in was spacious and clean. It had an urban and modern interior design. Everything in the room smelled new and fresh from the linens to the towels. The air conditioning was functioning properly, too.
Hotel slippers and toiletries were provided compliments of the hotel.
Instead of a wall, the toilet and bath had a window. For privacy, just draw the blinds.
There is also a convenient store on the lower ground floor of the hotel open 24 hours. How convenient is that?
The pool is located on the 4th floor along with the spa and gym. Complimentary use of fresh towels for swimming pool goers are available at the fitness center counter.
Further, Pullman KL Bangsar Hotel has an Executive Lounge and a Business Center to cater to your business needs. It has three restaurants and six bars.
When I visited, the hotel lobby was adorned with Chinese lanterns in time for Chinese New Year.
HOW TO GET TO PULLMAN KL BANGSAR HOTEL… FAST!
Below is a vlog of my commute from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) Terminal 2 to Pullman KL Bangsar Hotel upon arrival:
In case you do not have time to watch the vlog, here’s how to get there via the KLIA Express Train:
- Upon arrival at KLIA 1 or KLIA 2, proceed to the KLIA Express Train Station. A one way ticket to KL Sentral costs MYR 55.00
2. The commute via KLIA Express takes about 28 minutes from KLIA Terminal 2 to KL Sentral. At the KL Sentral Station, look for the MRT Terminal that will bring you to the Universiti Station. Train Token is MYR 2.00
3. From the Universiti Station, Pullman KL Bangsar Hotel is a mere 10-minute leisure walk.
Signing out for now. Peace!
Note that the route I took walking from the Universiti Train Station to Pullman KL Bangsar Hotel may not be the best route if you have a lot of pieces of luggage with you. Take the route below instead. Thanks to Pullman KL Bangsar Fan Page for this suggestion. It only shows how they truly care for their guests.