Five years after the devastating super typhoon Haiyan or Yolanda hit the Philippines, I finally got to visit Leyte where it made landfall. I went to Leyte on October 19 to 23, 2018 with fellow backpackers. And I must tell you that Leyte is a beautiful province with so much to offer.
Everyone I spoke to had a story to tell about his or her personal experience with Yoianda not too long ago. Despite that, people were always smiling and accommodating during my visit.
The places of interest that I got to visit and are featured in this vlog include:
- San Juanico Bridge
- Cuatro Islas (Himolikan Island, Mahaba Island, Apid Island & Digyo Island),Inopacan
- Kalanggaman Island, Palompon
- Sto. Nino Church, Tacloban
- Leyte Provincial Capitol, Tacloban
- Balyu-an Ampitheater, Tacloban
- Maria Kanon Madonna of Peace Shrine, Tacloban
- Sto. Nino Shrine and Heritage Museum, Tacloban
- Tacloban City Convention Center, Tacloban
- Yoland Memorial Monument, Tacloban
- Anibong Shipwreck, Tacloban
- Tacloban City Hall, Tacloban
- MacArthur Landing Memorial National Park, Palo
Five days was not enough to explore the whole province of Leyte. I hope to be back soon!
Featured and sponsored song is entitled “No Man Is An Island” by Jeck Pilpil and Peacepipe. Mabuhay ang Original Pilipino Music!
If you like this video, give it a thumbs up and subscribe for more travel vlogs.
You may follow me on the following social media channel, too to stay updated. Let’s connect:
I will be updating this blog with photos and information about how to get there soon so stay tuned! Signing out for now. Peace!