Voted for the fourth time by both travel professionals and consumers, the Philippines bagged the Asia’s Leading Beach Destination Award in the 27th World Travel Awards. The country bested four other nominated Asian countries, namely, India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Thailand. Our country won the same prestigious award in 2013, 2016 and 2018.
The World Travel Awards website made the announcement online on November 3, 2020.
Watch: The Philippines voted Asia’s Leading Beach Destination in the World Travel Awards
Aside from winning Asia’s Leading Beach Destination Award, the country defeated Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand as Asia’s Leading Diving Destination three years in a row.
Moreover, the World Travel Awards declared the Department of Tourism (DOT) as Asia’s Leading Tourist Board.
World Travel Awards Grand Finals 2020
The World Travel Awards Grand Finals is happening on November 27, 2020 in Moscow, Russia. The country is nominated in the following Worlds Leading Awards:
- Beach Destination
- Dive Destination
- Island Destination- Siargao
- Tourist Board- Department Of Tourism
- Tourist Attraction- Intramuros
Other nominees from the Philippines include:
- Business Hotel- Discovery Primea
- Casino Resort- City of Dreams Manila
- Dive Resort- Amanpulo
- Exclusive Private Island- Ariara Island, Banwa Private Island
- Fully Integrated Resort- City of Dreams Manila
- Luxury Island Resort- Banwa Private Island
- Luxury Private Island Resort- Banwa Private Island
- Luxury Themed Resort- El Nido Pangulasian Island
- Luxury Villa Beach Resort- Amanpulo
- Private Island Resort- Amanpulo
- Serviced Apartments- Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila
- Themed Resort- El Nido Pangulasian Island
Congratulations to us and good luck to all the nominees!
The World Travel Awards is timely as the government slowly opens up various tourist destinations in the country to reboot the economy. On November 1, Boracay reopened its borders to tourists from the rest of the country. Safety protocols are in place to curb COVID-19.