Five years after the devastating super typhoon Haiyan or Yolanda hit the Philippines, I finally got to visit Leyte where it made landfall. I went to Leyte on October 19 to 23, 2018 with fellow backpackers. And I must tell you that Leyte is a beautiful province with so much to offer.
Everyone I spoke to had a story to tell about his or her personal experience with Yoianda not too long ago. Despite that, people were always smiling and accommodating during my visit.
The places of interest that I got to visit and are featured in this vlog include:
- San Juanico Bridge
- Cuatro Islas (Himolikan Island, Mahaba Island, Apid Island & Digyo Island),Inopacan
- Kalanggaman Island, Palompon
- Sto. Nino Church, Tacloban
- Leyte Provincial Capitol, Tacloban
- Balyu-an Ampitheater, Tacloban
- Maria Kanon Madonna of Peace Shrine, Tacloban
- Sto. Nino Shrine and Heritage Museum, Tacloban
- Tacloban City Convention Center, Tacloban
- Yoland Memorial Monument, Tacloban
- Anibong Shipwreck, Tacloban
- Tacloban City Hall, Tacloban
- MacArthur Landing Memorial National Park, Palo
Five days was not enough to explore the whole province of Leyte. I hope to be back soon!
Featured and sponsored song is entitled “No Man Is An Island” by Jeck Pilpil and Peacepipe. Mabuhay ang Original Pilipino Music!
If you like this video, give it a thumbs up and subscribe for more travel vlogs.
You may follow me on the following social media channel, too to stay updated. Let’s connect:
I will be updating this blog with photos and information about how to get there soon so stay tuned! Signing out for now. Peace!
Have you been meaning to visit the world’s number one island paradise Boracay after its reopening last October 26, 2018? Then, here is your chance! Thanks to AirAsia, the World’s Best Low-Cost Airline.
Avail of promotional fares from as low as Php 16 (for BIG members) all-in and one way only now available at airsia.com with AirAsia’s final Red Hot Seat Sale for 2018.
- Booking Period: November 12 to 18, 2018
- Travel Period: May 6, 2019 to February 4, 2020
- Travel Period for Clark to Taipei: May 4, 2019 to October 25, 2019
Book here now.
Be an Air Asia BIG Member and enjoy these perks:
- Redeem trips to over 130 AirAsia destinations
- Save up to 90% on AirAsia flights
- Receive exclusive offers and free gifts
Sign up here:
Promotional seats are available for flights from Manila, Cebu, Clark and Kalibo to various domestic destinations like
- Caticlan (Boracay)
- Cagayan De Oro
- Tagbilaran (Bohol)
Fly to Tacloban to visit the country’s longest bridge, the protected Cuatro Islas and the famous Kalanggaman Island.
Red Hot Seat Sale is also extended to the following international flights from as low as Php 551 only for BIG members:
- Hong Kong
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Kuala Lumpur
- Kota Kinabalu
AirAsia Philippines CEO Captain Dexter Comendador said,
“Red Hot Seat Sale is our final promotional sale for the year and now is the best time to make your travel plans not only for domestic destinations but travel all over Asia and beyond with over 130 destinations across AirAsia Group’s extensive network.”
The AirAsia Group is the leading and largest low-cost carrier in Asia by passengers and services an extensive network of over 130 destinations. The airline is proud to be a truly Asean (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) airline with operations based in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines as well as India and Japan, servicing a network stretching across Asia, Australia and New Zealand and the Middle East. AirAsia has been named the World’s Best Low-Cost Airline at the annual Skytrax World Airline Awards ten times in a row from 2009 to 2018.