Here is a list of requirements to enter Boracay. The requirements vary depending on the reason for entering the island. Tourists staying overnight on the island have a different set of requirements from same-day tourists. To avoid confusion, I made a chart below:
List of requirements to enter Boracay
|Requirements||Non-Aklanon Tourists||Aklanon Tourists||One-day Visitor Non Aklanons||One-day Visitor Aklanons||Non-Aklanon Employees & Workers||Aklanon Employees and/or Workers|
|Negative RT-PCR Result (taken within 72 hours from extraction)||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||No|
|Online Health Declaration Card||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Travel Order (Mission order or proof of engagement)||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|Clearance (Authority from LGU Malay allowing entry)||No||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|LGU Malay Certification (authorization to work in Boracay)||No||No||No||No||Yes||No|
|APOR Health Declaration Card||No||No||No||No||Yes||No|
- Updated list of hotels and resorts on Boracay island. Click here for the updated list of hotels and resorts on Boracay island with Department of Tourism (DOT) accreditation and Certificate of Authority to Operate (CAO). The DOT approved 239 hotels and resorts. as of November 5, 2020. These accredited establishments have safety protocols in place.
- Online Health Declaration. Click here for the Online Health Declaration.
- Negatve RT-PCR Test Result. Remember to submit a Negative RT-PCR Test result (72 hours from extraction). Read my previous post here where to get a swab test.
- Boracay Workers are required to present the following:
- PESO (Public Employment Service Office) Certification
- Work Approval Certificate from the Office of the Mayor.
The requirements may change
This is the latest list of requirements to enter Boracay. Some of my friends find the requirements a bit tedious. I believe these are in place to curb COVID-19. These requirements could change, too. There are plans of removing the Negative RT-PCR Test as a requirement to enter Boracay.
See you in Boracay. Remember to bring your face mask and shield. Let us keep Boracay COVID-free. Share this to your friends.