Are you looking for a place to stay in Baguio for 1000 pesos and below per night? Spending the Christmas holidays in cold Baguio seems like a good idea.
So, I did a quick online research.There are hotels listed in Booking.com that have rooms for less than 1000 pesos per night. The travel dates are from December 21 to 27, 2020.
Where to stay in Baguio for 1000 pesos and below per night from December 21 to 27, 2020:
1. Wanay’s Rocky Mountain Homestay
Wanay’s Rocky Mountain Homestay is located in Summerfields Subdivision, Goshenland, Pico La Trinidad, Benguet. It is not near the city center but you will have a good view of Baguio. Click here to locate. The room rate for six nights is 3600 pesos for two adults, exclusive of taxes and charges.
2. Amara Transient
Amara Transient is located at 418 Cuneta Compound, Mines View. The room rate for two adults for six nights is 4201 pesos, exclusive of taxes and charges. It has a Very Good rating based on 101 reviews. It is near Good Shepherd and Mines View Park. Click here to locate.
3. Macbeth’s Transient House
This transient house is located in Purok 4, Holy Ghost Extension, Baguio City. It is near popular tourist attractions like Mines View Park and Camp John Hay. Click here to locate. A double room good for two adults for six nights will cost you 4590 pesos, exclusive of taxes and charges.
4. Oyo 549 Sajj Building
Oyo 549 Sajj Building is located at 49 Rimando Road, Aurora Hill Proper, Baguio City. To locate this hotel rated great for travelers, click here. A room for 6 nights for two adults is 4715 pesos, exclusive of 566 pesos taxes and charges.
5. Koinonia Retreat Center
Koinonia Retreat Center is located at 30 Fairbreeze Street, Bakakeng Norte, Baguio City. Locate this guest house here. A room good for two for six nights is only 4800 pesos plus 576 pesos for taxes and charges.
6. Oyo 704 Yang’s Homestay
This family stay is located at 1 Queen of Peace Road, Baguio City. Locate it here. It is near the Lourdes Grotto. A room good for two adults for six nights is only 5201 pesos, exclusive of taxes and charges.
7. Casa Bell Inn
This inn, well-liked by couples, is located in MMGARA Bldg, Marcos Highway. Click here to locate on the map. A room good for two for six nights costs 4726 pesos plus 709 pesos for taxes and charges.
8. Hya Transient
Hya Transient has 3 units available, offering mountain views. It is located at 23 B Chapis Village, Bakakeng Central. Click here to locate. A unit good for two adults for six nights costs 6000 pesos, inclusive of taxes and charges.
Travel requirements to enter Baguio City
As of October 28, 2020, Baguio now allows up to 500 tourists per day, of all ages from the entire Luzon to enter.
Below are the travel requirements for tourists to enter Baguio City:
- A Baguio VISITA (Visitor Information and Travel Assistance) account. Sign up here and upload a valid ID and current photo
- Approved travel with issued QR-coded Tourist Pass (QTP) by:
- Scheduling a visit with your Baguio VISITA account
- Uploading a confirmed itinerary
- Uploading a proof of accommodation booking with a hotel accredited by the Department of Tourism (DOT)
- Filling out an online health declaration
- Uploading the negative results of COVID-19 taken prior to travel and valid within 72 hours from extraction or done upon arrival. Click here where to get RT PCR test for 4000 pesos and below.
- Triage procedures upon arrival at any of the following sites:
- CAP Convention Center John Hay Triage – Open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Baguio Convention Center Triage – Open 24 hours
Triage is the sorting out and classification of patients or casualties to determine priority of need and proper place of treatment.
The Baguio City Tourism Office has also allowed:
- Staying in own, relative’s or friend’s house
- Same-day trips
- Trip to BLISTT (Baguio, La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan, Tuba, Tublay) tourist attractions
- Long-term vacations
I was born in Baguio. For the longest time, I have been planning to visit my hometown. Then, COVID-19 happened unfortunately. As of October 23, only tourists coming from Luzon are allowed to enter Baguio. Hence, I will have to postpone my trip until it reopens to the rest of the country. I am from the Western Visayas Region, specifically Boracay.
Click here for the places you can stay in Boracay for 2000 pesos and below per night.
Learn more about Baguio City by watching the vlogs of my friend Je Carino of Kwentong Pinas. He is based in Baguio City. Watching his vlogs makes me miss my hometown all the more! Thanks Je for lending me some of the beautiful shots of the country’s summer capital.